Share On Social!
Untreated tooth decay is nearly twice as common among Latino school children as whites, and oral care habits at these young ages can impact oral care habits in adulthood.
That’s why Latinos and all children need good dental health behaviors as early as possible.
Join with us and our partners and use #SaludTues on Feb. 14, 2017, to tweet ideas, solutions, and resources to improve dental health for Latino and all kids for Children’s Dental Health Month in February:
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “I Love My Teeth: Latinos & Children’s Dental Health Month”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, February 14th 2017
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludToday
- CO-HOSTS: Children’s Dental Health Project (@Teeth_Matter), the Association of State & Territorial Dental Directors (@ASTDDorg), Mayra E. Alvarez of the Children’s Partnership (@MayraEAlvarez), and First Focus (@First_Focus)
- Special Guests: Texas A&M Health Science Center (@TAMHSC), the Texas A&M College of Dentistry (@TAMUDental), Risas Dental & Braces (@RisasDental), and Jefferson Dental (@jeffersoncares)
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can help promote healthy teeth!
See our full Tweetchat schedule.
#SaludTues is a weekly Tweetchat about Latino health at 12p CST/1p ET every Tuesday and hosted by @SaludToday, the Latino health social media campaign of the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at UT Health San Antonio and its Salud America! obesity prevention program funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.