Share On Social!
We’re excited to celebrate Latinos, the largest racial/ethnic minority in the country, and highlight causes for health concerns and how to overcome them.
For example nearly 40% of U.S. Latino kids are overweight or obese. These are higher rates than both white and black children, and places a big burden on the current and future state of Latino health.
The good news is that healthy weight for healthy kids is an achievable goal.
Use #SaludTues on Sept. 19, 2017, to tweet with us as we explore how to improve the health of Latino kids in schools and communities!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Healthy Weight & Healthy Kids
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: @MinorityHealth, @AHA_Vida, @HeadStartgov, @USDANutrition, @KidsPartnership, @ChildDefender @KPbuenasalud
- OPTIONAL HASHTAG: #HispanicHeritageMonth
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can help promote the health of Latino kids!
See our Tweetchat archive.
#SaludTues is a weekly Tweetchat about Latino health at 12p CST/1p ET every Tuesday and hosted by @SaludAmerica, the Latino health social media campaign for the team at the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at UT Health San Antonio.