Share On Social!
Latinos workers are essential to the economy.
Although, some have worked throughout the pandemic, others are now facing unemployment.
At the same time, many will soon be returning to work.
Many Latinos hold jobs at meat packing plants, childcare, health care and other positions on the frontlines (i.e. restaurants, retail, etc.).
Only 16% of Latino workers are able to work from home, so what does this mean for Latinos and their loved ones?
What can we do to advocate for their safety?
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, June 2, 2020, to discuss ways to provide support and promote a healthy environment for Latino workers and their loved ones amid the COVID-19 pandemic, this National Safety Awareness Month!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Latinos and Workplace Safety Amid COVID-19
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, June 2, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Public Health Maps founded by epidemiologist Edward Vallejo (@PublicHealthMap), Coalition on Human Needs (@CoalitionHN), Chap Care (@ChapCareOrg), Latinx Voces en Salud Campaign (@VocesenSalud) WellMed (@CaregiverSOS), LULAC (@LULAC)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #COVID19, #workplacesaftey, #covidtesting, #backtowork, #poderosas, #SoyEsencial
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- How the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting Latino workers and the economy
- How we can promote good mental health and safety among Latino workers
- Policies and ways to promote workplace safety for Latinos and other frontline workers
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to explore how communities can work together to promote Latino worker safety this national safety month!
#SaludTues is a health equity tweetchat especially focused on the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET every Tuesday hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.
Interested in co-hosting this chat or having access to the questions beforehand? Contact Rosalie Aguilar at: email@example.com.