Share On Social!
Despite its widespread success, there has been some misunderstanding about the COVID-19 vaccine.
In hopes of addressing these issues, we sit down with medical providers, researchers, and even a COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial participant. These experts provide a greater understanding of the treatment and why it is so safe.
Check out this discussion on the Salud Talks Podcast, Episode 35: “Understanding COVID-19, Part 1; Safety and the Vaccine“!
- WHAT: A #SaludTalks discussion about the COVID-19 vaccine and the Scientific Pathway
- WHERE: Available wherever fine podcasts are downloaded, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Tune In, and others
- WHEN: The episode went live at 1:30 p.m. on June 28, 2021
- WHO: Salud America! Podcast Producer Josh McCormack; Dr. Katya Corado, a researcher with The Lundquist Institute; Dr. Jaime G. Deville, a safety review board member with University of California Los Angeles; Dr. Felix M. Valbuena, a medical care provider with Community Health and Social Service Center; and Emelina Asto-Flores, a COVID-19 Vaccine clinical trial participant.
In this episode, we explore questions such as:
- How did researchers ensure the safety of the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Why have people of color experienced worse COVID-19 outcomes?
- What are the steps that were taken in developing the COVID-19 vaccine?
Don’t forget to check out the Salud Talks podcast, and, of course, subscribe on all platforms!
Click here to learn about Salud America!’s “Salud Talks” podcast, see upcoming and past episodes, and see how you can get involved.