Share On Social!
Rural communities throughout the U.S. do not receive equal access to quality medical treatment.
Some live so far from the nearest hospital that they will have to take a day off work to make a doctor’s appointment, according to our guest Jordan Rassmussen, the Policy Manager of the Center for Rural Affairs.
- WHAT: A #SaludTalks discussion on the inequities rural Latinos and Americans face in receiving healthcare treatment
- GUEST: Jordan Rassmussen, Policy Manager of the Center for Rural Affairs
- WHERE: Available wherever fine podcasts are downloaded, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Tune In, and others
- WHEN: The episode went live at 5:00 p.m., Dec. 11, 2019
In this episode, we explored questions such as:
- What are the issues facing rural Americans concerning their access to healthcare?
- How are political groups acting in this issue?
- Are there shortages in all forms of care?
Don’t forget to check out the Salud Talks podcast, and, of course, subscribe on all platforms!
Click here to learn about Salud America!’s “Salud Talks” podcast, see upcoming and past episodes, and see how you can get involved.