Share On Social!
Walking and other physical activities are vital for health, regardless of weight.
However, physical activity levels among Latinos are low, particularly among women.
Since 2008, the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans have served as the primary voice of the federal government for evidence-based guidance and recommendations for health professionals, schools, and policymakers on how everyone can improve their health through regular physical activity.
In 2016, the process to develop the second edition of the guidelines began. Salud America! followers also spoke up and shared their comments.
On Nov. 12, 2018, the 2nd Edition of the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, will be released.
Join #SaludTues on November 13, 2018, at 1:00 PM EST to tweet about the Second Edition of the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “2nd Edition of the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST, Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: @NCPPAinc (National coalition for Promoting Physical Activty), @AHA_Vida (Vida Saludable), @NationalPAPlan (National Physical Activity Plan); @ACSMNews (American College of Sports Medicine)
- OPTIONAL HASHTAG: TBA
We’ll open the floor to data, national recommendations, AND your stories and experiences as we explore:
- Why physical activity is so important for health;
- The 2nd Edition Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans; and
- How to build a culture of physical activity and health.
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter. Share information, stories, and resources to encourage Latinos and all people to raise their voice!
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.