Share On Social!
The pandemic revealed long-standing gaps in infection control knowledge and understanding among the frontline healthcare workforce.
This is why CDC launched Project Firstline, a training and education collaborative designed to ensure all healthcare workers, no matter their role or educational background, have the infection control knowledge and understanding they need and deserve to protect themselves, their patients, and their coworkers.
Salud America! at UT Health San Antonio, in partnership with the National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA) and CDC Project Firstline, brings you a three-part episode podcast series, “Behind the Mask,” to explore infection control through three specific and diverse healthcare lenses: patient navigators/health screeners/community health workers/promotoras; nurses; and rural healthcare workers.
In this special Episode 40 of the Salud Talks Podcast, three frontline healthcare workers discuss the role of screeners, navigators, community health workers, and promotoras in infection control.
- WHAT: A special #SaludTalks Podcast discussion about the role of screeners, navigators, community health workers, and promotoras in infection control.
- WHERE: Available on Spotify and SoundCloud.
- WHEN: The episode went live at 10:30 a.m. on September 19, 2022
- WHO: Callie Rainosek and Alyssa Gonzalez, Salud America! Salud Talks Podcast Producers; Dr. Amelie Ramirez, director of Salud America! and its home base, the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio; Dolores Garcia, a community health worker at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio; Dr. Judith Flores, MD FAAP, CHCQM, a board-certified pediatrician and Clinical Associate Professor at The New York University School of Medicine; and Dr. Ricardo Correa, MD, Es. D, FACP, FAPCR, CMQ, an associate professor of medicine for the University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix
In this episode, we explore questions such as:
- What is the role of health screeners, patient navigators, community health workers, and promotoras in infection control?
- What are some challenges screeners/navigators/promotoras face in infection control?
- How can screeners/navigators/promotoras use CDC’s Project Firstline resources to promote infection control?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTalks to join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram — share more information, stories, and advice about thinking and learning!
Don’t forget to check out the Salud Talks podcast, and, of course, subscribe on all platforms!
Explore More:COVID-19, Infection Control
By The Numbers
of healthcare workers should focus on infection control