Share On Social!
People around the country are joining together and speaking out about systemic racism, police brutality, and the unhealthy culture that passive racism has cultivated in America.
In fact, more people are supporting the #BlackLivesMatter movement than ever before.
In light of these events, we are aiming to have a different conversation for today’s episode: How everyday individuals can act to address these tragedies and the system of which they are a symptom.
- WHAT: A #SaludTalks discussion about the murders of Black Americans at the hands of systemic injustice.
- Co-Hosts: Tenoch Aztecatl, the Video Producer of Salud America!, and Josh McCormack, Digital Content Curator at Salud America!
- WHERE: Available wherever fine podcasts are downloaded, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Tune In, and others
- WHEN: The episode went live at 9:45 a.m., June 4, 2020
In this episode, we explore questions such as:
- Why are these protests so important during this time?
- How can people step up to support the cause?
- In what ways can everyone become more educated in issues impacting people of color?
Don’t forget to check out the Salud Talks podcast, and, of course, subscribe on all platforms!
Click here to learn about Salud America!’s “Salud Talks” podcast, see upcoming and past episodes, and see how you can get involved. Editorial note: Pictures taken by Tenoch Aztecatl, the Video Producer of Salud America!