Share On Social!
Health disparities have impacted Latinos for many years.
Worse, the COVID-19 pandemic only worsened these inequities. Still, these issues have gained national attention, and, hopefully, spur action, change.
Recently, experts from the National Institutes of Health and UT Health San Antonio joined our Salud Talks podcast to discuss the COVID-19, health inequities, and the struggles Latinos face in the US today.
Listen to the Salud Talks Podcast, Salud Talks Podcast, Episode 37: “COVID-19 and Health Disparities Impacting Latinos,” as we dive into the health inequities affecting Latinos during the pandemic with two celebrated medical experts!
- WHAT: A #SaludTalks discussion about the COVID-19, historic health disparities, and how these factors have impacted the lives of Latinos in the U.S.
- WHERE: Available wherever fine podcasts are downloaded, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Tune In, and others
- WHEN: The episode went live at 2 p.m. on September15, 2021
- WHO: Josh McCormack, Salud America! Podcast Producer; Dr. Amelie G Ramirez, Director of Salud America! and Director of Institute of Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio; Dr. Eliseo J. Pérez-Stable, Director of the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities
In this episode, we explore questions such as:
- How has health inequity impacted Latinos, especially amid the coronavirus pandemic?
- What are the steps needed to make progress in this issue?
- How can listeners help close the disparity gap?
Don’t forget to check out the Salud Talks podcast, and, of course, subscribe on all platforms!
Click here to learn about Salud America!’s “Salud Talks” podcast, see upcoming and past episodes, and see how you can get involved.