Share On Social!
Civic health is the ability to participate in one’s community and be involved in the decision-making process, from voting and advocacy to mentoring and volunteering.
However, some places face more structural barriers to civic health, which threatens democracy.
Structural barriers are policies and practices that create or maintain unfair and unjust outcomes and they also threaten health equity.
Let’s use #SaludTues on June 6, 2023, to tweet about how policies, practices, and people can improve civic space and foster shared decision-making, so all people have the opportunity to meaningfully shape decisions that affect their communities.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Why and How to Nurture Civic Health”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: County Health Rankings & Roadmaps (@CHRankings); Center for Information & Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE) (@CivicYouth); Vot-ER (@Vot_ER_org); Hispanic Federation (@HispanicFed); Praxis Project (@Praxis_Project); and National Association of County and City Health Officials (@NAACHOalerts)
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #healthequity #civichealth
We’ll open the floor to science, your experiences and stories, and best practices as we explore:
- A new report from County Health Rankings & Roadmaps on civic health and health equity.
- Civic health, including civic participation and civic infrastructure
- How civic health is connected to health equity
- How we can nurture civic health to make progress towards health equity
Use #SaludTues to follow the conversation and share the latest in trauma-informed care.
#SaludTues is a weekly Tweetchat about Latino health at 12p CST/1p ET every Tuesday and hosted by @SaludAmerica, the Latino health social media campaign for the team at the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at The University of Texas Health, San Antonio.
Explore More:Healthy Families & Schools
By The Numbers
Expected rise in Latino cancer cases in coming years