Share On Social!
Much of the disparity we see in traffic deaths and chronic disease is related to how we build roads and communities.
Improving safety on our streets, sidewalks, and public spaces can help address decades of disparities.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Dec. 17, 2019, to tweet about how you can take time at the end of 2019 to plan for a safer and more active 2020.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “How to Plan for a Safer and More Active 2020”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2019
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: America Walks (@americawalks); National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (@NADTCmobility); Safe Routes National Partnership (@SafeRoutesNow); National Complete Streets Coalition (@completestreets)
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #SafeRoutes
- SALUD AMERICA! BLOG POST: salud.to/2BTmGeL
We’ll open the floor to science, your experiences and stories, and best practices as we explore:
- Evidence supporting the social, economic, and health benefits of safe routes;
- How walkability is so much more than sidewalks; and
- What you can do during the last two weeks of 2019 to plan for a safer and more active 2020.
Use #SaludTues to follow the conversation and share the latest in how transportation is connected to health.
#SaludTues is a weekly Tweetchat about Latino health at 12p CST/1p ET every Tuesday and hosted by @SaludAmerica, the Latino health social media campaign for the team at the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at The University of Texas Health, San Antonio.