Share On Social!
Jobs in science, technology, engineering and math have higher than average salaries.
But Latinos, particularly Latinas, are less likely to get a degree in these STEM fields. This creates a dire income gap for a population that at the same time suffers disproportionately from health conditions like obesity, diabetes, and cancer.
Blending STEM and wellness can transform traditionally segmented curriculum to improve health and ensure Latinos can be part of a healthy workforce with economic opportunities.
Let’s use #SaludTues on July 11, 2017, to tweet about how to boost student success, resiliency, and equitable access to quality educational opportunities, while also increasing health and wellness resources for Latinos.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “STEM & Wellness: A Powerful Combination”
- DATE: Tuesday, July 11, 2017
- TIME: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT)
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludToday
- CO-HOSTS: Healthier Generation (@HealthierGen); National Girls Collaborative Project (@ngcproject); and National AfterSchool Association (@NatlAfterSchool);
- ADDITIONAL HASHTAGS: #STEMWellness
We’ll open the floor to your stories and experiences as we explore:
- The role afterschool places in health.
- How to blend STEM and wellness.
- Community partners to bring STEM and wellness together in a meaningful way.
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies to increase STEM among Latinos!
See our full Tweetchat schedule.
#SaludTues is a weekly Tweetchat about Latino health at 12p CST/1p ET every Tuesday and hosted by @SaludToday, the Latino health social media campaign for the team at the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at UT Health San Antonio.
By The Numbers
We currently do not have any By the Number Facts related to this issue.