Share On Social!
COVID-19 is not over.
For the past three years, the virus has disrupted life and health. Data continue to show that the pandemic worsened historical health and social inequities, especially for Latinos.
How can we address this?
Let’s use #SaludTues on Feb. 7, 2023, to explore health inequities facing the Latino population over the past three years (and long before that), and share solutions and strategies to promote health equity in the face of COVID-19!
- WHERE: Twitter
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat “3 Years Later: How COVID-19 Is Impacting Latinos”
- WHEN: 1-2 p.m. ET (12-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2023
- HOST: Salud America! at UT Health San Antonio (@SaludAmerica)
- CO-HOSTS: Latinx Voces LLC (@latinxvocesllc); LatinaStrong Foundation (@LatinaStrongDr); Public Health Maps (@PublicHealthMap); Project Pulso (@ProjectPulso); Mamás Con Poder from MomsRising (@MamasConPoder); UnidosUS (@WeAreUnidosUS); U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services Office of Minority Health (@MinorityHealth); UCLA Latino Policy & Politics Institute (@UCLAlatino)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What is the state of COVID-19 among Latinos?
- What inequities has the pandemic revealed and worsened among Latinos?
- How can healthcare, school, and community leaders alleviate COVID-19 inequities and promote health equity?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your tips, stories, and resources to explore the ongoing impact of COVID-19 on Latinos!
#SaludTues is a monthly health equity tweetchat focused on health equity and the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET on the first Tuesday of each month. #SaludTues is hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.