Share On Social!
At least 1 in 3 U.S. Latino households has at least one family caregiver.
Although caregivers play an essential role in many families, they also face a great deal of stress, having to juggle multiple jobs while going unpaid for their time spent caring for a loved one.
Of even greater concern is that caregivers often experience worse health outcomes than the person they’re caring for.
So what can we do to advocate for caregivers and their loved ones?
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, May 5, 2020, to discuss ways to provide support and promote a healthy environment for Latino caregivers and their loved ones amid the COVID-19 pandemic!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Supporting Caregivers & Healthy Environments for Latino Health Equity
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, May 5, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: The Latinx Voces en Salud Campaign, an initiative of the American Public Health Association’s Latino Caucus (@Latinx16); Chap Care (@ChapCareOrg); The WellMed Charitable Foundation (@CaregiverSOS)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #COVID19
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- Tips from the CDC to keep caregivers of patients with COVID-19 safe
- What role caregivers play in promoting health equity for Latinos
- What we know about Latino caregivers and their health risks
- Examples of policies and wellness programs that support the important role of caregivers
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to explore how communities can work together to support caregivers and their loved ones as we advocate for Latino health equity!
#SaludTues is a health equity tweetchat especially focused on the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET every Tuesday hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.
Interested in co-hosting this chat or having access to the questions beforehand? Contact Rosalie Aguilar at: email@example.com.
By The Numbers
We currently do not have any By the Number Facts related to this issue.