Share On Social!
Climate change is making life harder for Latinos and other communities of color.
A groundbreaking 2019 study estimated that Black and Latino populations experience 56% and 63% more pollution respectively than their activities cause.
How can we help?
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021, to discuss emerging strategies to reduce the use of harmful chemicals and toxins, promote clean indoor and outdoor air, and engage Latinos in speaking up for a cleaner climate and environment!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat “The Climate Crisis and Latinos”
- WHEN: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- COHOSTS: @LatinoOutdoors, @Climate4Health, @docsforclimate
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
We’ll open the floor to data, resources, and your experiences as we explore:
- What is the current state of the climate crisis? How are people feeling its impacts?
- How is this problem impacting Latinos and other disadvantaged groups?
- What are some ways to address climate issues?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to help create a healthier environment for all!
#SaludTues is a monthly health equity tweetchat focused on health equity and the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET on the first Tuesday of each month. #SaludTues is hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.
Interested in co-hosting a #SaludTues Tweetchat?
Email us at email@example.com and share an idea for a chat.