Share On Social!
Latino kids face dire rates of obesity, diabetes, and related conditions.
Can you be a Salud Leader for kids?
Salud America!, a Latino childhood obesity prevention network, is recruiting Salud Leaders to join a national movement to start and support healthy changes in communities and schools.
A Salud Leader is a parent, school personnel, or community leader who drives healthy changes like working to unlock playgrounds for use after school hours, pushing for healthier food options, starting a farmers market, removing sugary drinks from daycares, etc.
If you sign up, you get (for free):
- A spot on our national Salud Leader map.
- The ability to connect with other local leaders and see trending policies and stories.
- Customized data about the health issues in your area (a Salud Report Card).
- Direct contact from a Salud America! curator who can offer technical assistance and help finding data, or write up your story/research/program to share with a national audience.
- Periodic news and action emails.
The first 250 to register will be entered into a drawing for a JAWBONE FITNESS TRACKER!
Salud America! is a national program funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and directed by the Institute for Health Promotion Research at the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio.
By The Numbers
We currently do not have any By the Number Facts related to this issue.