Share On Social!
When was the last time you drank soda, juice, or other forms of sugary drinks?
For most Americans, it is a normal part of everyday life.
The problem? These drinks are incredibly unhealthy, more so than some companies would lead consumers to believe, according to Xavier Morales, executive director of The Praxis Project, and Jim Krieger, executive director of Healthy Food America.
- WHAT: A #SaludTalks discussion about sugary drinks and their harmful impacts on consumers
- GUESTS: Xavier Morales, executive director of The Praxis Project, and Jim Krieger, executive director of Healthy Food America
- WHERE: Available wherever fine podcasts are downloaded, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Tune In, and others
- WHEN: The episode went live at 10 a.m., Jan. 29, 2020
In this episode, we explore questions such as:
- Have certain groups—racial and socioeconomic—experienced worse consequences of sugary drinks?
- Are there solutions to this problem? If so, how can individuals step up to raise awareness and reduce sugary beverages in their town?
- How will regulations, such as sugary drink tax, help underserved groups?
Don’t forget to check out the Salud Talks podcast, and, of course, subscribe on all platforms!
Click here to learn about Salud America!’s “Salud Talks” podcast, see upcoming and past episodes, and see how you can get involved.