Share On Social!
Have you ever encountered a child in need? This can come in many forms, including those who need financial, food, or even foster care assistance from the state.
While most might think they probably don’t know such a child, experts say that’s likely not the case. The U.S. Census Bureau reported that 51.7% of children lived in households that received some form of government assistance in 2017.
Today, Dr. Kathy Fletcher, the President and CEO of Voices for Children of San Antonio, and State Representative of Texas’ 124 district, Ina Minjarez, join Salud Talks to discuss their work with children in crisis, and, what we all can do to provide our community’s children with a brighter future.
Check out this discussion on the Salud Talks Podcast, Episode 22, “Children in Crisis“!
- WHAT: A #SaludTalks discussion about children in need
- GUEST: Dr. Kathy Fletcher, the President and CEO of Voices for Children of San Antonio and Ina Minjarez, State Representative of Texas’ 124 district
- WHERE: Available wherever fine podcasts are downloaded, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Tune In, and others
- WHEN: The episode went live at 11 a.m., Mar. 11, 2020
In this episode, we explore questions such as:
- What are traumas impacting children, today?
- How are local, state, and federal legislators addressing these issues?
- How can people help children in their communities achieve better life outcomes?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTalks to join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram — share more information, stories, and advice about thinking and learning!
Don’t forget to check out the Salud Talks podcast, and, of course, subscribe on all platforms!
Click here to learn about Salud America!’s “Salud Talks” podcast, see upcoming and past episodes, and see how you can get involved.
Explore More:Understanding & Reducing Poverty
By The Numbers
of Latino children are living in poverty