Share On Social!
Has your doctor ever asked about faith or family?
Dr. Daniel Carlos Hughes and his colleagues are doing just that in a case study revolved around how medical professionals heal their patients. Their end goal? Treating people, especially those with chronic conditions, holistically.
Check out Dr. Hughes and his team on the #SaludTalks Podcast, Episode Two, “Breaking Tradition”!
- WHAT: A #SaludTalks discussion on holistic health among Latino and all patients and providers
- GUESTS: Dr. Daniel Carlos Hughes, Assistant Professor at the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at UT Health San Antonio; Dr. Alexis Ortiz, Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy UT Health San Antonio; Corina Zamora, Project Coordinator at IHPR at UT Health San Antonio; and Angelika Aguilar, Project Coordinator at IHPR at UT Health San Antonio.
- WHERE: Available wherever fine podcasts are downloaded, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Tune In, and others.
- WHEN: The episode went live at 6 a.m., Sept. 11, 2019.
In this episode, we explored questions such as:
- What is individualized versus specialized medicine?
- Does this contribute to Latino health inequity?
- How can we better heal our patients?
Don’t forget to check out the Salud Talks podcast, and, of course, subscribe on all platforms!
Click here to learn about Salud America!’s “Salud Talks” podcast, see upcoming and past episodes, and see how you can get involved.