Share On Social!
What we choose to eat affects everything.
However, our current food system is unhealthy and unsustainable, leaving us with options that pollute our air and water, consume large amounts of energy, and contribute to chronic disease and premature death, all while leaving millions undernourished.
Transitioning away from an animal-based system to a plant-based system, for example, has numerous social, environmental, economic, and individual health benefits.
Let’s use #SaludTues on January 28, 2020, to tweet about how you can raise awareness about and push for policies to support healthy food systems.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Elevating Plant-Based Food Systems”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: 50by40 (@50by40); Better Food Foundation (@BetterFoodFdn); and Good Food Institute (@GoodFoodInst)
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS:
We’ll open the floor to science, your experiences and stories, and best practices as we explore:
- Limitations of our food system;
- Why plant-based diets are good for people and the planet; and
- Ways to raise awareness about and push for policies to support healthy food systems.
Use #SaludTues to follow the conversation and share the latest in how transportation is connected to health.
#SaludTues is a weekly Tweetchat about Latino health at 12p CST/1p ET every Tuesday and hosted by @SaludAmerica, the Latino health social media campaign for the team at the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at The University of Texas Health, San Antonio.