Share On Social!
8 million people are leaving the workforce to take care of elderly family members. These caregivers will enter an extremely high-stress situation.
Latino caregivers may spend more hours a week meeting their sick relative’s needs, than caregivers from other ethnic groups.
For National Family Caregivers Month in November, let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020, to tweet about how we can address the problems and solutions to help caregivers!
- WHAT: #SaludTues: Let’s Celebrate Our Caregivers!
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST (Noon-1 p.m. CST), Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: @UsA2_Latinos, @DiverseElders, @VocesenSalud, @SAresearch, @AlzheimersLA, @Wellmedgives
- Special Guest: Ernesto Quintero
- ADDITIONAL HASHTAGS: #Caregivers #Caregiving #NationalFamilyCaregiversMonth
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- How we can talk about the problems of caregivers?
- What are some best practices and programs that work to reduce the stress for cargivers?
- How can people with dementia and their caregivers protect themselves from coronavirus infection?
Click here to learn about Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.