Share On Social!
Health equity is important for everyone. But for Latinos with disabilities, there may not be sufficient information and services that promote wellness that reach this population.
About 8.8% of U.S. Hispanics are living with a disability, according to The Pew Research Center.
How can we work together so that Latinos living with disabilities are getting health information and services to prevent health inequalities?
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2017, to tweet tips to help Latinos living with disabilities get wellness information they need to be healthy.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Health Equity for Latinos Living With Disabilities”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET Tuesday, Dec., 19 2017
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: The National Center on Health, Physical Activity & Disability (@NCHPAD) and more!
We’ll open the floor to your experiences and stories as we explore:
- How can we help Latinos living with disabilities live healthy lives?
- What are some barriers to information and services for Latinos living with disabilities?
- How do Latinos living with disabilities benefit from wellness services and information?
- How can health equity be achieved for Latinos and all people living with disabilities?
Use #SaludTues to follow the conversation and share strategies, stories, and resources that can help Latinos live healthier.
Click here to learn about our #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.