What is the #SaludTues Tweetchat?
#SaludTues is a monthly (formerly weekly) Tweetchat about Latino health on the first Tuesday of every month at 12p CST/1p EST.
The chat is hosted by @SaludAmerica, the Latino health social media campaign and Twitter handle for the team at the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at UT Health San Antonio, which directs Salud America!.
Each chat has two or more co-hosts and special guest from partner organizations to ask and answer topical questions to raise awareness of and discuss solutions to Latino health equity issues.
#SaludTues Tweetchat Schedule
- 3/2 #SaludTues: Heart Health
- 3/9 #SaludTues: School Meals
- 3/16 #SaludTues: Food Insecurity
- 3/23 #SaludTues: COVID-19: 1 Year Later
- 3/30 #SaludTues: Let’s Protect Mental Health
- **#SaludTues Moves from Weekly to Monthly**
- 4/6 #SaludTues: Latinos and Clinical Trials
- 5/4 #SaludTues: The State of Latino Cancer
- 6/1 #SaludTues: Strategies to Address Latino Food Insecurity
- 7/6 #SaludTues: Inequities in School Health and Education
- 8/3 #SaludTues: Breaking Down Systemic Injustices in Healthcare
- 9/6 #SaludTues: How to Improve Health Equity for Hispanic Heritage Month
- 10/5/21 #SaludTues: Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and Clinical Trials
Anyone on Twitter can join. Just tag your Tweets with the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter.
#SaludTues Tweetchat FAQ
How do I serve as a #SaludTues co-host?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and share an idea for a chat.
What are topics for #SaludTues Tweetchats?
The #SaludTues chat covers key Latino health issues, from childhood obesity, nutrition and physical activity, access to health care, heart health, trending demographics, education, culture of health, cancer, clinical trial and workforce diversity, etc.
What is the reach of #SaludTues Tweetchats?
The #SaludTues Tweetchats average more than 8 million impressions in just the one-hour discussion.
How can I see past #SaludTues Tweetchats?
See our past tweetchats by visiting our Wakelet page.