What is the #SaludTues Tweetchat?
#SaludTues is a monthly (formerly weekly) Tweetchat about Latino health on the first Tuesday of every month at 12p CST/1p EST.
The chat is hosted by @SaludAmerica, the Latino health social media campaign and Twitter handle for the team at the Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at UT Health San Antonio, which directs Salud America!.
Each chat has two or more co-hosts and special guest from partner organizations. Salud America! asks a set of important questions, and co-hosts and special guests share their answers to raise awareness of and discuss solutions to Latino health equity issues.
#SaludTues Tweetchat Schedule
- 1/4/22 #SaludTues: Cervical Cancer Awareness Month
- 2/1/22 #SaludTues: Changing the System for Nutrition Security, Healthier Hearts
- 3/1/22 #SaludTues: Two Years Later: How COVID-19 Is Impacting Latinos
- 4/5/22 #SaludTues: How to Encourage and Achieve Diversity in Cancer Clinical Trials
- 5/3/22 #SaludTues: Trauma-Sensitive Care in Schools
- 6/7/22 #SaludTues: How to Address Alzheimer’s in the Latino Community
- 7/5/22 #SaludTues: What Is Biospecimen Donation and Should You Donate?
- 8/2/22 #SaludTues: Get Your Vaccines (for National Immunization Awareness Month)
- 9/6/22 #SaludTues: Infection Control and Its Critical Role in Healthcare Settings
- 10/4/22 #SaludTues: Exploring the Diversity of the Latino Population
- 11/1/22 #SaludTues: Latinos and Physical Activity
- 12/6/22 #SaludTues: Food Marketing
- 1/10/23: #SaludTues: Transportation Safety
- 2/7/23: #SaludTues: COVID and Latinos at 3 Years
- 3/7/23: #SaludTues: Colorectal Cancer
- 4/4/23: #SaludTues: Racial Equity News
- 5/2/23: #SaludTues: TBD
- 6/6/23: #SaludTues: TBD
Anyone on Twitter can join. Just tag your Tweets with the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter.
#SaludTues Tweetchat FAQ
How do I serve as a #SaludTues co-host?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and share an idea for a chat.
What are topics for #SaludTues Tweetchats?
The #SaludTues chat covers key Latino health issues, from childhood obesity, nutrition and physical activity, access to health care, heart health, trending demographics, education, culture of health, cancer, clinical trial and workforce diversity, etc.
What is the reach of #SaludTues Tweetchats?
The #SaludTues Tweetchats average more than 6 million impressions in just the one-hour discussion.
How can I see past #SaludTues Tweetchats?
See our past tweetchats by visiting our Wakelet page.