Share On Social!
Clinical trials have led to the development of better treatments, life-saving medicines, and new prevention strategies for cancer and other diseases.
Still, clinical trials have lacked volunteers who are Latino.
We need diverse representation in clinical trials to ensure health and medical discoveries are equitable for diverse populations.
To promote clinical trials, let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2023, to discuss reasons why Latinos and all people should consider joining a clinical trial!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Why Should You Try a Clinical Trial?
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2023
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Latinx Voces LLC (@latinxvocesllc); LatinaStrong Foundation (@LatinaStrongDr); Public Health Maps (@PublicHealthMap); Research!America (@ResearchAmerica); Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (@BladderCancerUS)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What is a clinical trial?
- What barriers do people of color face when it comes to cancer clinical trials, and how can we remove those barriers?
- How can clinical trials help a person now? In the future?
- How can we encourage diversity and equitable participation in cancer clinical trials?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to explore how clinical trials can make a huge difference in the lives of Latinos!
#SaludTues is a monthly health equity tweetchat focused on health equity and the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET on the first Tuesday of each month. #SaludTues is hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.