Share On Social!
For the past two years, COVID-19 has continued to ravage the United States.
Data continue to show that Latinos and other people of color are disproportionately affected, amid worsening historical health and social inequities.
How can we address this?
Let’s use #SaludTues on March 1, 2022, to explore health inequities facing the Latino population over the past two years (and long before that), and share solutions and strategies to promote health equity amid the pandemic!
- WHERE: Twitter
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat “Two Years Later: How COVID-19 Is Impacting Latinos”
- WHEN: 1-2 p.m. ET (12-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, March 1, 2022
- HOST: Salud America! at UT Health San Antonio (@SaludAmerica)
- CO-HOSTS: The Children’s Partnership (@kidspartnership); Latinx Voces LLC (@latinxvocesllc); LatinaStrong Foundation (@LatinaStrongDr); Dr. Dulce María Ruelas (@DulceMariaMPH); Dr. Ilan Shapiro (@dr_shaps); Stephanie Nina Pitsirilos, MPH (@zoehealth); Kristin Urquiza of MarkedByCovid (@kdurquiza); Public Health Maps (@PublicHealthMap)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What is the state of COVID-19 among Latinos?
- What inequities is the pandemic worsening among Latinos?
- How can healthcare, school, and community leaders help alleviate COVID-19 inequities and promote health equity?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your tips, stories, and resources to explore the impact of COVID-19 on Latinos!
#SaludTues is a monthly health equity tweetchat focused on health equity and the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET on the first Tuesday of each month. #SaludTues is hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.