Share On Social!
Smoking is bad for your health.
Yet the COVID-19 pandemic has raised important questions as to just much how smoking can affect your risk for coronavirus and severe outcomes. Researchers are trying to find the truth. They’re even examining the viral transmission of secondhand and thirdhand smoke.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, June 9, 2020, to tweet about the latest research about smoking and coronavirus outbreak and how we can use the latest technology to help people quit smoking!
- WHAT: #SaludTues: Smoking & Coronavirus—Know the Truth
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST (Noon-1 p.m. CST), Tuesday, June 9, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Action Smoking & Health (@AshOrg) Public Health Maps (@PublicHealthMap)
- SPECIAL GUEST: Emilio Goldenhersch (@emiliogoldenVR)
- ADDITIONAL HASHTAGS: #COVID19, #smokefree, #quitsmoking
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What does the science say about different studies on smoking and coronavirus?
- What are some best practices and programs that work to reduce cigarette smoking? Create smoke-free places?
- What technologies are helping people quit smoking?
- How can we protect ourselves from coronavirus infection?
Click here to learn about Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.