Share On Social!
Since December 2010, the UK and USA have been sharing examples of policy and practices in promoting healthy eating in schools. With similar challenges and successes on both sides of the Atlantic, both wanted to find a way to raise awareness of the importance of good nutrition among children and foster healthy eating habits both at home and at school – and so, International School Meals Day emerged.
Overall, the theme of International School Meals Day is to:
- Raise awareness of the importance of the nutritional quality of school meal programs worldwide.
- Emphasize the connection between healthy eating, education and better learning.
- Connect children around the world to foster healthy eating habits and promote well-being in schools.
- Share success stories of school food programs around the globe.
- Highlight research activities in school food programs around the globe.
Raise awareness of the hunger and poverty issues being addressed through school food programs International School Meals Day is Friday, March 8th, 2013. How can your school celebrate?
By The Numbers
Expected rise in Latino cancer cases in coming years