Share On Social!
Most of us know what rehabilitation is. It is care that can help you get back to normal or improve skills after a disease or injury.
Unfortunately, rehab only takes place retroactively—after there is an issue.
Prehabilitation, however, focuses on health before there is a problem.
Loriana Hernandez-Aldama, an Emmy award-winning journalist, author, and cancer survivor, calls prehabilitation the mental and physical preparation a person can take to achieve good health, from stress reduction to healthier eating.
- WHAT: A #SaludTalks Podcast discussion about prehabilitation and what it means for the Latino community!
- WHERE: Available wherever fine podcasts are downloaded, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Tune In, and others
- WHEN: The episode went live at 8:30 a.m. on March 11, 2022
- WHO: Josh McCormack, Salud America! Salud Talks Podcast Producer; Loriana Hernandez-Aldama, an Emmy award-winning journalist, author, and cancer survivor
In this episode, we explore questions such as:
- Does the fight against COVID-19 really end?
- Why do we need to research new treatments when we have vaccines for COVID-19?
- What is a clinical trial? Why should you consider volunteering for one?
Don’t forget to check out the Salud Talks podcast, and, of course, subscribe on all platforms!