Share On Social!
Where you live matters for health.
However, Latinos face unaffordable housing, unreliable public transportation, and a lack of green space, which limits access to health-promoting assets.
To drive solutions, Salud America! will unveil a new research review, “The State of Latino Housing, Transportation, and Green Space,” at the #SaludTues Tweetchat at 1 p.m. ET May 14, 2019.
The new research review will cover the latest data on how differences in housing, transportation, green space opportunities contribute to health inequities among Latinos. The review also highlights strategies and policies to improve neighborhood health equity, where everyone has a fair and just opportunity to achieve the best health possible.
Join #SaludTues at 1 p.m. ET May 14, 2019, to tweet about the state of transportation, housing and green space for Latinos and how they are connected to health inequities.
- WHAT: #SaludTuesTweetchat: “State of Latino Housing, Transportation & Green Space”
- DATE: Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- TIME: 1:00-2:00 p.m. EST (Noon-1:00 p.m. CST)
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: @americawalks (America Walks), @MobilityLabTeam (Mobility Lab), @TransitCenter (Transit Center), @LatinoOutdoors (Latino Outdoors), @CHRankings (County Health Rankings), @evidence4action (Evidence For Action)
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #BikeMonth #HealthEquity
We’ll open the floor to historical facts, data and your stories and experiences as we explore:
- The new Salud America! Research Review: “The State of Latino Housing, Transportation, and Green Space”;
- How the state of Latino housing is connected to health inequities;
- How the state of Latino transportation is connected to health inequities; and
- How the state of Latino green space is connected to health inequities.
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that improve housing, transit, and green space equity for Latino and all people.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.