Share On Social!
Did you know approximately 40% of Latino kids are overweight or obese?
Additionally, unhealthy food contributes to disease, especially in Latino families who lack access to healthy foods and nutrition education.
Join us on Twitter for #SaludTues on Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2018, to find out how to take action and tweet about the importance of culinary health and food as medicine.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Why Culinary Health Education Matters
- TIME/DATE: 1 P.M. ET, Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2018
- WHERE: On Twitter using hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: CHEF – Culinary Health Education for Families (@CHEFSanAntonio), Farm to School (@FarmtoSchool), Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living (@msdcenter).
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- The importance of culinary health education and food as medicine.
- Practical cooking skills.
- Chronic disease prevention.
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can help promote healthy food education and access for Latino and all people!
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.