Share On Social!
Latinos are dynamic, culturally rich, and the largest racial/ethnic minority in the United States.
But they simply don’t have the support they need for good health.
Latinos often face big obstacles like a lack of health insurance and access to quality care. They lack good jobs and high wages. Their children have fewer opportunities for early care and education than their peers, which causes a lag in cognitive development.
To address these concerns, Salud America! will unveil its new research review, “Building Support for Latino Families,” to start a conversation about solutions at the #SaludTues Tweetchat on Tuesday, October 17.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Family & Social Support for Latinos”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Jesús Rodríguez, MD (@KPbuenasalud), Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living (@msdcenter)
- Optional Hashtags: #SaludSupport
The new research review discusses the state of social support for Latinos families. It also examines policies and programs that are helping Latino families succeed, and recommends policy strategies and future research.
The research review will be released here on Oct. 17.
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to discuss the findings from the review and share your strategies and stories to support Latino families!
Click here to learn about our #SaludTues tweetchats, see past and future tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.