Share On Social!
Having a quality, affordable home can unlock good health for people.
The problem is that quality housing is far from the reach of many populations, including Latinos and those living in poverty or homelessness. In fact, low-quality housing can lead to asthma, lead poisoning, mental health issues, and hospitalizations.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019, to tweet how to promote health as a top priority in the development and preservation of affordable homes and to elevate homes as a tool for improving resident and community health!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Health Begins With Home
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOST: Enterprise Community Partners (@EnterpriseNow), Enterprise Green Communities (@E_HousingGreen)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What’s the state of U.S. housing?
- How does housing affordability impact health?
- How does housing quality impact health?
- What are cities, nonprofits, and businesses doing to promote healthy, affordable housing?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to promote healthy, affordable housing!
#SaludTues is a health equity tweetchat especially focused on the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET every Tuesday hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.