Share On Social!
In the United States, obesity rates have hit a historic high, especially for Latinos.
Additionally, 40% of Latino kids are overweight or obese compared to 32% of all U.S. children.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Dec. 10, 2019, to tweet information, resources, and tips that will help us all prevent or help the health dangers of stress, unhealthy eating and limited physical activity during the best time of the year.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “A Guide to a Healthy Holiday”
- TIME / DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, 12/10/19
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Public Health Maps (@PublicHealthMap)
We’ll open the floor to your stories and experiences as we explore:
- Healthy Holiday snacks
- Fun physical activity tips
- Foods that should be avoided during holiday festivities?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can help Latinos live healthier over the holidays.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.
Explore More:Healthy Families & Schools
By The Numbers
Expected rise in Latino cancer cases in coming years