Share On Social!
The holidays can be a season for family, friends, and festivities.
But this time also can bring stress, anxiety, and depression. Financial and gift-giving burdens rise. The calendar gets jammed with travel, social gatherings, or loneliness for those who can’t meet with friends and family.
This is bad news especially for Latino and other minority groups who already suffer higher rates of mental health issues than their peers.
On Twitter, let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018, to share tips, stories, and resources to help Latino and all people manage and fortify their mental health and self-care this holiday season:
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Fortify Mental Health for the Holidays”
- TIME / DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, 12/18/18
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Stamp Out Stigma, a campaign of the Association for Behaviral Health and Wellness (@StampStigma), Project UROK, a mental health initiative of the Child Mind Institute (@ProjectUROK), Mental Health America (@MentalHealthAm), Project Helping (@project_helping), Stephanie Flores, leader of The Focus on You mental health blog and a licensed clinical drug & alcohol counselor (@focusonyou_)
We’ll open the floor to your stories and experiences as we explore:
- Why is mental health important for the holidays?
- What mental health issues are people facing?
- What are some ways to manage your mental health?
- How can we help Latinos and all people achieve proper mental health?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can improve mental health over the holidays.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and learn how you can get involved.