Share On Social!
40% of Latino kids are overweight or obese, comparted to 32% of all U.S. children.
Adult obesity rates reached 35% in at least 7 states and saw increases in 31 states across the U.S. from 2012-2017, while no significant drops in obesity rates were seen in any state, over the last year.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Dec. 4, 2018, to tweet information, resources, and tips that will help us all prevent or help the health dangers of stress, unhealthy eating and limited physical activity during the best time of the year.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Healthy Holidays – How To”
- TIME / DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, 12/4/18
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Chap Care (@ChapCareOrg), American Heart Association San Antonio (@AHASanAntonio), American Heart Association Healthy Living (@AHAlivehealthly).
We’ll open the floor to your stories and experiences as we explore:
- Why are healthy snacks a good idea for the family during the holidays?
- What are some fun activities everyone can do together?
- What foods should be avoided during holiday festivities?
- What resources and campaigns can shed more light a healthy holiday?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can help Latinos live healthier over the holidays.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.