Share On Social!
Good nutrition is linked to positive health outcomes.
On the other hand, unhealthy eating is the leading risk factor for death, causing more than 500,000 U.S. deaths in 2016. This is bad news for Latinos who lack access to healthy foods and nutrition education.
Join #SaludTues on Tuesday, March 19, 2019, to spread the word about what can be done to promote better nutrition and chronic disease prevention in Latino and all communities.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Celebrating National Nutrition Month
- TIME / DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, 3/19/19
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Alliance For a Healthier Generation (@HealthierGen), MomsRising (@MomsRising) & ChapCare (ChapCareOrg).
- OPTIONAL HASHTAG: #NationalNutritionMonth
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- Good nutrition and its positive health benefits
- Creative ways schools can improve nutrition
- Barriers to accessing nutritious food.
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources on nutrition.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and learn how you can get involved.