Share On Social!
May is National Physical Activity month. It’s also National Mental Health Month!
Unfortunately, not all kids and families have access to safe places to play or services to promote healthy minds.
While physical activity has numerous health benefits we often forget how important it is for promoting overall mental health and wellbeing. Some studies even show that having access to green space and physical activity programming can reduce stress levels, promote mental health and increase community resilience.
Schools, workplaces, and communities all over can and should take action by promoting movement throughout the day this month and every day.
On May 22, 2018 let’s use #SaludTues to chat about ways to boost physical activity and promote healthy minds in Latino communities!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Healthy Minds & Hearts ❤ for All for National Physical Activity Month”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST Tuesday, May 22, 2018
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: The National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity (@NCPPAinc), the Michael and Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living (@MSDCenter), and SHAPE America (@SHAPE_America)
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #MentalHealthMonth #mentalhealth #moveinmay
We’ll open the floor to research, your experiences, stories, & best practices as we explore:
- The relationship between mental health and physical activity;
- The effect that green space and safe places to play can have on underserved, Latino communities;
- Solutions to accelerate the process of promoting physical activity and healthy minds in Latino and all communities
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter, and share stories and resources to promote physical activity, access to safe places to play and healthy minds.
Use the following sample tweet to help us spread the word about this chat!
Let’s Speak Up 🗣 for opportunities that promote healthy minds & hearts ❤ this #NationalPhysicalActivity & #MentalHealthAwarness Month! Join us & @NCPPAinc @MSDCenter @SHAPE_America on 5/22 at 12 pmCST this #SaludTues! salud.to/2k25nPI
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.
See more highlights from this chat below!