Share On Social!
To minimize exposure to and transmission of COVID-19, providers have rapidly transitioned to telehealth to care for patients at a distance.
However, there is an absence of best practices and necessary infrastructure to expand telehealth services, particularly in underserved and Latino communities.
Latinos are particularly vulnerable to this disruption in care for many reasons, such as:
- they have highest uninsured rates of any racial or ethnic group in the U.S.;
- they are less likely to have a usual source of health care;
- they face barriers related to differences in culture, language and beliefs;
- they are less likely to have broadband subscription than whites; and
- they face higher rates of COVID-19 due to their jobs in the service industry.
Join #SaludTues on June 23, 2020, at 1:00 PM EST to tweet about how telehealth providers can reach underserved populations.
- WHAT: #SaludTuesTweetchat: “Telehealth for Underserved Communities During COVID-19”
- DATE: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- TIME: 1:00-2:00 p.m. EST (Noon-1:00 p.m. CST)
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Center for Care Innovations (@CCIVoice); Center for Health Care Strategies (@CHCShealth); Center for Connected Health Policy (@CCHPCA); UCSF S.O.L.V.E. Health Tech, (@SOLVEhealthtech); and and UCLA Latino Policy & Politics Initiative (@UCLAlatino)
We’ll open the floor to data, resources and your experiences as we explore:
- What are some challenges providers should consider when using telehealth during COVID;
- What role do community health workers play in telehealth outreach to marginalized and underserved communities during the pandemic; and
- How can providers help families address social needs, like housing, food, child care, transportation, substance use disorder, domestic violence counseling, etc. during COVID.
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that improve access to paid sick leave for Latinos and all people.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.