Share On Social!
The coronavirus pandemic is worsening minority health and the nation’s sizable affordable housing shortage.
When we think of health assets, many of us think about healthcare, education, and safe transportation to access healthy food and physical activity. But affordable housing is an essential component of public health infrastructure, and important factor in an equitable pandemic response.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020, to tweet about the latest research about the critical role of affordable housing in the COVID-19 response!
- WHAT: #SaludTues: The Critical Role of Affordable Housing in the COVID-19 Response
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST (Noon-1 p.m. CST), Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: @PublicHealthMap @EnterpriseNow @LISC_HQ
- ADDITIONAL HASHTAGS: #COVID19 #Affordablehousing
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- How affordable housing can prevent the spread of the pandemic?
- What are the strategies for increasing affordable housing amid the COVID-19 economic crisis?
- Why affordable housing important for Latinos during pandemic?
Click here to learn about Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.
By The Numbers
of Latinos are "housing cost burdened"