Share On Social!
COVID-19. Flu. Hepatitis. Measles. Mumps. Polio.
We face many health threats in life, but we have an important tool – vaccines – to protect ourselves against these and other serious diseases.
Who should get vaccines? For which diseases? And when? And why do some groups, like Latinos, face vaccine barriers in access and uptake?
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2022, to explore the availability of vaccines and how we can promote equitable access to and uptake among Latinos and other people of color, in celebration of National Immunization Awareness Month in August.
- WHAT: #SaludTues: Get Your Vaccines!
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST (Noon-1 p.m. CST), Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2022
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services Office of Minority Health (@MinorityHealth); U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services National Vaccine Program (@HHSvaccines); The National Hispanic Medical Association (@NHMAmd); UnidosUS (@WeAreUnidosUS); Nurses Who Vaccinate (@NursesWhoVax); Latinx Voces LLC (@latinxvocesllc); Dr. Dulce María Ruelas (@DulceMariaMPH); LatinaStrong Foundation (@LatinaStrongDr); Public Health Maps (@PublicHealthMap); Vaccine Ambassadors (@VaxAmbassadors); Vaccinate Your Family (@Vaxyourfam)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What are vaccines? What do they do?
- What is the state of vaccines among people of color?
- How can we increase vaccine access and uptake?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter in English. Share stories and resources to encourage vaccination against disease!
#SaludTues is a monthly health equity tweetchat focused on health equity and the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET on the first Tuesday of each month. #SaludTues is hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.