Share On Social!
Did you know one new case of Alzheimer’s disease occurs every 65 seconds in the United States?
Sadly, U.S. Latinos are 1.5 times more likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease than whites, studies show. Alcohol, sleep deprivation, and diabetes play a role. This can stress Latino family caregivers.
Preventing Alzheimer’s is critical as the young Latino population ages.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018, to tweet about the latest research and beneficial strategies and programs to prevent and reduce Alzheimer’s Disease among Latinos and all people!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Bilingual Tweetchat─Tackling the Latino Alzheimer’s Crisis
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Latinos Against Alzheimer’s (@UsA2_Latinos); The Alzheimer’s Association San Antonio & South Texas affiliate (@alzsatx)
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- How big a health problem is Alzheimer’s disease among Latinos and others?
- What does the latest science say about Alzheimer’s?
- How can we help Latinos with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers?
- What strategies, programs, campaigns, and policies are working to prevent Alzheimer’s?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter in English or Spanish. Share stories and resources to help prevent Alzheimer’s among Latinos and all people!
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.