Share On Social!
Are you getting enough sleep?
The United States is facing a sleep crisis. Lack of sleep can contribute to heart attacks, diabetes, and other serious health issues that affect Latinos more, says the CDC. It can also affect mood and memory.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, to tweet about the sleep crisis in the United States, the importance of sleep for disease prevention, and ways to improve sleep for Latino and all people.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “The Sleep Crisis & Latino Health”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, March 5, 2019
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Diverse Elders (@DiverseElders), The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (@AASMorg),Hamilton Community Health Network (@HamiltonCHN) and special guest Dr. Chris Winter (@SportSleepDoc)
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What’s the state of Latino sleep?
- How does lack of sleep affect life?
- What is the association of sleep with diseases?
- How important is good sleep? How much is enough?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can improve sleep for Latino and all people.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.