Share On Social!
At least 1 in 2 Latinos will experience diabetes in their lifetime, yet many are unaware they are even at risk!
November is National Diabetes Awareness month and a great opportunity to share life saving information with family and friends!
According to the CDC, U.S. Latinos are 50% more likely to die from diabetes than their non-Latino white peers. The good news is that there are steps one can take to help prevent diabetes and advocate for healthier communities on behalf of others.
Join us this Tuesday, Nov. 28th, during our weekly #SaludTues chat, as we chat about ways to take action against diabetes.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “How to Take Action & Prevent Diabetes The Holidays & Beyond”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET Tuesday, Nov., 28 2017
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: FityCitySA (@FitCitySA), Esperanza Health Centers (@EsperanzaHealth), and others!
We’ll open the floor to your experiences and stories as we explore:
- What is prediabetes & why is it important to know whether you’re at risk?
- What are the greatest risk factors for type 2 diabetes & prediabetes and are Latinos at risk?
- How can we help spread the word about getting screened for diabetes & pre-diabetes to Latinos this holiday season?
Use #SaludTues to follow the conversation and share strategies, stories, and resources that can help Latinos and everyone have a great holiday season.
Click here to learn about our #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.