Share On Social!
“Children are our future.”
You’ve heard this old saying before, but it’s never been truer.
Childhood experiences set the physical, psychological, and social foundation as a child grows into adulthood. But Latinos and other communities lack support to meet children’s needs in opportunities for good health, education, and more, jeopardizing our nation’s future.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019, to share innovative strategies and solutions to help Latino and all children have healthier childhoods and brighter futures:
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “From Birth to Graduation: Helping Kids Have Healthier Childhoods and Brighter Futures”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: City Health Dashboard (@CityHealthData) Sesame Street in Communities (@SesameCommunity), the Young Child Facts program of the Alliance for Early Success (@YoungChildFacts)
We’ll open the floor to your stories and experiences as we explore:
- Why do opportunities to be healthy across childhood matter for kids?
- How do poverty, housing, low birth weight, and childhood trauma affect children, especially Latinos and other children of color?
- What programs and policies are helping kids live healthier lives now and in the future?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can improve children’s health.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.