Share On Social!
The mouth is where good health begins.
Proper oral health in childhood can set the stage for lifelong health. Conversely, poor oral health in childhood can contribute to diabetes, heart disease, and other conditions as an adult.
This dynamic is even more critical for Latino kids, who face barriers in access to oral health care.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2020, to discuss oral health issues and share solutions and resources in honor of National Children’s Dental Health Month in February, and show how everyone can get involved for good oral health!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Why Oral Health Matters for All Kids
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Oral Health Forum (@oralhealthforum), The Campaign for Dental Health (@ILikeMyTeeth), Delta Dental Institute (@DeltaDentalInst), and more
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- The state or oral health among kids
- Challenges in accessing oral health care
- How families, dentists, and community leaders can advance kids’ oral health
- Resources to help put kids on the path to good oral health
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to promote proper oral health for kids!
#SaludTues is a health equity tweetchat especially focused on the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET every Tuesday hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.