Share On Social!
February is National Children’s Dental Health Month (#NCDHM)!
What a great time to recognize the importance of kids’ teeth. Yes, teeth.
For kids, not properly caring for teeth can lead to cavities, decay, gum disease, and other oral health problems. It can force kids to miss school and fall behind in their academic development. More than that, it can eventually contribute to mental health issues, heart disease, certain cancers, and other major problems—all more prevalent among Latinos.
The bottom line = Latino and all kid’s smiles matter!
On Tuesday, Feb., 2018, let’s use #SaludTues to tweet about the issues, discuss solutions, and share resources on oral health for Latinos and all kids for National Children’s Dental Health Month!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Oral Health: It Takes a Community”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Children’s Dental Health Project (@Teeth_Matter), Campaign for Children’s Dental Health (@ILikeMyTeeth), Jefferson Dental (JeffersonCares), Risas Dental & Braces (@RisasDental)
- Optional hashtags: #NCDHM
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can help promote better oral healthcare among Latinos!
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.