Share On Social!
Sugar isn’t always sweeter.
Latinos and many other families live in food environments with an abundance of unhealthy high-sugar food and drink options. They have less access to fresh produce, clean water, and other healthy options.
This situation, sadly, sets the stage for obesity, diabetes, and more.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, April 3, 2018, to tweet how to increase the availability of and access to healthy food and water for Latino and all families!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: How to Improve Access to Healthy Foods/Drinks
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, April 3, 2018
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Voices for Health Kids (@Voices4HK), Healthy Schools Campaign (@healthyschools), First 5 LA Parents (@First5LAParents), Sugar Free Kids Maryland (@SugarFreeKidsMD), West Virginia Oral Health Coalition (@WVOHCoalition)
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What’s the state of child consumption of sugary foods and drinks?
- What do guidelines say about sugar consumption?
- How can parents promote healthy food and drink options, and reduce sugar?
- What ways can leaders and policymakers promote healthy food and drink options?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter, and share stories and resources to help Latinas families live, eat, and drink healthier.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.