Share On Social!
Did you know that April is National Minority Health Month?
National Minority Health Month raises awareness about the health disparities that continue to affect racial and ethnic minorities.
Health disparities like poor nutrition and lack of physical activity can put Latinos at a higher risk for heart disease, which is the second leading cause of death for Latinos.
Let’s use #SaludTues on April 30, 2019, to chat about ways to promote healthy hearts for Latinos!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Keeping #OurHearts Healthy in the Latino Community
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues #OurHearts
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: The Heart Truth (@TheHeartTruth), National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (@nih_nhlbi), Office of Minority Health (@MinorityHealth).
We’ll open the floor to research, your experiences, stories, & best practices as we explore:
- Nutrition and heart health
- Risk factors
- Healthcare barriers
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter, and share stories and resources to promote a healthy heart!
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.