Share On Social!
Diabetes can lead to countless life-changing complications.
Unfortunately, Latinos are disproportionately affected by diabetes-related morbidity and mortality.
Additionally, the prevalence of diabetes among Latinos is rising at a substantially higher rate than non-Hispanic Whites.
On Tuesday, July 30, 2019, let’s use #SaludTues on Twitter to chat about the importance of diabetes awareness and preventive solutions that will improve the health of Latinos and all!
- TIME:1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT)
- DATE: Tuesday, July 30, 2019
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: @WeAreUnidosUS, @AADEdiabetes, @ChapCareOrg & @NCFHTX.
We’ll open the floor to your stories and experiences as we explore:
- Diabetes and the Latino Community.
- How to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes.
- How can promotoras help those individuals who are at risk for type 2 diabetes.
- Resources to address prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can help Latinos prevent diabetes.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.