Share On Social!
Commuting is often the worst part of our day.
Driving is linked to poor physical and mental health, increased risk for traffic fatalities and serious injuries, and is the leading cause of greenhouse gas emissions.
Changing the way you commute can help improve your health and the health of the environment.
Whether you’re heading back to school or just want to change up your routine, ditch the car and explore ways to add walking, biking, and transit to your commute.
Let’s use #SaludTues on September 11, 2018, to tweet about ways to change your commute and why it’s important.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Change the Way You Commute: Why & How”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST Tuesday, September 11, 2018
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: America Walks (@americawalks), Congress for the New Urbanism (@NewUrbanism), Safe Routes to School National Partnership (@SafeRoutesNow), and Big Cities Health Coalition (@BigCitiesHealth)
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #Walk4Change
We’ll open the floor to historical facts, as well as research, resources and your experiences as we explore:
- Why Americans are largely dependent on cars to commute;
- Why it’s important to change the way we commute; and
- How to add walking, biking, and transit to our commute.
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that can help promote minority health!
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.